Monday, December 21, 2009

Bus Cost From Fredericton To Toronto

Roswell - Heart of Man - Part 2 / 10

Title: Heart of Man - Part 1 / 10
Author: Nico
Fandom: Roswell
Pairing: Michael / Maria
Rating: VM 18 (Mature)
Genre: AU
Summary: Michael is a man, an elf Maria. The forest is his home, their worlds are divided by invisible yet solid boundaries. It all began when these boundaries are transgressed, and then it seems clear that love, when true, can not be subject to any rule.

Part 1

Part Two

I jumped up in bed, woke up suddenly from something. What I can not say, but .... Had vanished in the mist of my dreams, leaving behind only a feeling of incompleteness.

Light filtered through the window of my room, weak and muffled. Dawn. Again.

back to sleep was impossible, that feeling continued to persist, there was no chess.

I got up and dressed in comfortable clothes, I took a few slices of bread and a little 'fruit and wrapped everything in a bundle, inserting it in the bag. I've often had to take it and go, without a goal. Roswellien was huge, seemed to have no boundaries, or at least I did not have them, it was still a mystery to be discovered.

I went out and looked around, I realized that the only stand so early, but the festivities of the evening, no doubt, were more than enough for an excuse to stay longer.

I left the clearing, one of many, all close together, within which the buildings were being developed, partly on land and partly perched on the branches of trees, almost the same color of the trunk.

I walked and walked east along the trail for almost half a kilometer but the anxiety that I carry around since the revival continues unabated, to the contrary. I walked away more than increased and transformed into something else. Frenzy, should irresistible to retrace my steps.

I stopped, and without thinking, without consciously thinking about what I was doing and where I was leading my legs, routes, almost running the short distance that separated me from the place where I was playing and took exactly the opposite direction.

The path I had walked the previous day that led to the west, the one with the land domain of men.

I was scared, I could not understand why. I thought it was the fear of getting too close and be discovered, but inside me, deep in my heart, I already knew the truth. I was afraid of not having the opportunity to ever see him again, but above all, fear of crowds to admit to myself how things were. I wanted to see him again.

arrived at virtually the same spot where the previous day I had hidden to escape his eyes, but a small glow, a flicker of light, the attracted my attention.

I went over and bent down, scostai some grass and picked up the object. It was a weapon, a knife long blade with the handle often of wood inlay. Me I turned it between his fingers and for a moment I felt overwhelmed by a feeling of warmth and strength, as in a vision appeared to me her eyes cast bronze, and opened his fingers to snap the knife dropping to the ground.

was his, there could be no doubt.

After the initial surprise, given by the accidental viewing, I watched more closely at the handle. MG letters were engraved in letters prepared, worked with skill.

I sat staring at the dagger for a while ', then took it and tucked it into his belt, ready to go, still engrossed in my thoughts, but as always happens when you're not careful, a noise behind him caught me totally off guard, and when I turned it was too late. He was there, standing motionless a few feet away, and stared open-mouthed.

I felt the sweat freezing on the skin and looked in my turn, incapable of any movement. It seemed that our state had also infected the rest of the forest because not a leaf moved, not a bird sang in the branches. None.

It was as I remembered it the day before, tall and strong, but with loose hair, long and wavy, and a huge arch of solid wood that hung from his shoulders.

I saw the muscle twitch of his jaw set in an effort to understand but mostly I could not help notice the flurry of excitement dancing in his eyes. Amazement, disbelief. ... Fear?

Perhaps he could read me the same thing because I saw him relax the muscles before and detendere ready to shoot, and took a step in my direction.

-*-*-*-

I believed it was an optical illusion, a deception that is reflected from light shining on the leaves born recently and that, strange games lights and shadows, I mistook the view. But just a few more steps and I knew what I was seeing was real.

A girl bends down to earth gave me away, I could only see the long silver-blond hair that fell to rain on his back, almost to exceed the belt.

I think the only time she noticed my presence because he jumped up and stared at me astonished, still.

not think I've ever seen anything more beautiful in my entire life. I never imagined that women could exist as well. He wore trousers of a green that blend with those around us, and adhered to the body as if it were a second skin. He had a short coat draped around her shoulders and her hair, now, the falling out in clumps in framing the face of alabaster.

Then a sudden thought, and as such fleeting, I remembered. It could be a spirit, a ghost or something. After all this was Roswellien, the forest of the immortals!

Then I saw my dagger hanging from the waistband of his pants and I could not help but laugh at myself. Spirit .... He had never heard of a spirit who brings a knife, or a lot for supplies, for that matter? It was assumed that the spirits had no need to eat, after all, had a stomach to fill!

" I think that knife tied to the leading side is mine," I said.

She stared at me for a moment, then smiled, licked his lips and he challenged me with his eyes. "To you? Says who? "

The flow of its language and the sunlight that shone on the wet mouth made me want to cover me with a jump distance between us and trap it against the trunk of a tree. Instead I did not move. "They say that the initials are engraved on the handle. MG 's my name "

She seemed intrigued, he took off the knife from his belt and turned it over between the long tapering fingers. My fingers seemed so delicate and fragile that it can not handle a weapon. I felt the fear that it could hurt.

She stroked his neck and took a step toward me. "Your name is MG? I do not think a good name. "

I was kidding, and the way I looked it seemed that we were having a great time doing it. "Michael Guerin. And 'This is my name, and excuse me for saying but I feel pretty good! "

" And where you from, Michael Guerin?"

frowned, puzzled. From where I thought I was pretty obvious, is not that there were many towns around there, anyway. "From the city. ... You rather, I've never seen you around."

She smiled again and shrugged. "Maybe, just we have never met or have not you noticed!"

" If I'd cross somewhere I'd noticed, I assure you." Boy, was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, I also noticed a blind man! "And you? What's your name? "

" Mary

" Mary .... and? "

" Maria, that's all. "

Hmmmm, sealed! "Ok, Mary, and just now that we have made presentations you give me back my knife, please? There are fond of. "

took a few steps toward her and reached out his arm, and at that moment that she did something that I literally froze. He threw the knife in my direction and turned away, frightened.

The weapon planted himself in front of my feet and overcome the stupor picked it. "Hey! Are you crazy? You could do me a big hole so with this! "

" not come near me .... ", She said, holding out her arms forward as if to protect themselves.

I could not understand. I had done something to scare that way or was she not have all the wheels to the right place?. "I do not want to do anything, do not worry. ... I just came to retrieve it," I said, pointing the knife in the meantime I had secured to the sleeve of the belt, "not I wanted to scare you. "

She kept staring at me without saying a word, only slightly more relaxed. Her emerald green eyes penetrated me like needles, I felt transparent, naked, and it was becoming embarrassing, so I decided to lighten the mood. "I'll be back in town, I have work to do .... Come with me?".

" No, stay a little longer, '" she said.

" Be ', then ... see you around, ok?". I turned and began to walk slowly. See you around, the original! And around where, if we had not seen to go now?

Then she called me.

" Michael Guerin?"

I turned and just at that moment I realized that if it had not been she would have made up an excuse to stop me to speak to her again. "Yes?"

She seemed for a moment to meditate on what he would say, then shook his head as if to banish a thought that had crossed his mind. "I just wanted to ask you if you .... If you happen to usually go from here."

Wow! "No ... I mean, yes ... that is ...." Excellent!, The right time to become a stutterer!

She lowered her eyes, she seemed disappointed. "Ok, that's okay."

" No, no, wait! I mean .... Step out of here tomorrow morning ... sometimes, for example? "

Maria looked up and smiled shyly. He had a beautiful smile! "OK, so maybe we'll meet tomorrow," he said. He turned abruptly and without even giving me time to say goodbye disappeared among the trees.

I tried to sharpen the view to understand in which direction she had gone but had literally vanished, swallowed by the forest.

Paths of yarn the way back, the last thing I wanted was that my sister found out where I was and telling him to go around.

When I got home, Liz was coming into his hands a wicker basket. "Michael! Already up? What a miracle? "

I searched my brains for a plausible excuse in a few seconds. "E ' because of that damn rooster, I woke up at dawn. ... I think it's time to get him out! "

Weak, very weak, but she seemed to drink it. "Do not you dare touch Fred, cave man," cried, and turning her back angrily entered the chicken coop to gather eggs.

I was puzzled for a moment. Fred?! And since when poultry also have a name? But in any case the life of Fred, by this time was much longer. After it was all his fault if the next day I would see the sunrise! Benedict cock ....

-*-*-*-

When I got home was late afternoon but the sun was still high in the sky, it was hot even in cool as the forest. I went home and hung all'attaccapanni coat and bag, then threw myself on the chair, exhausted.

I walked, and walked aimlessly, but in reality I had not departed much from the main clearing. Only I had no desire to go home to see someone there. I think about what had happened this morning, and I did, I swear. To no avail. I kept wondering what had prompted me to ask to meet again, to why I felt so attracted to him ... ... .. Michael was right, it was a beautiful name. I kept repeating it like a chant, and looking out the window I found myself wishing that it was already dark night, and sleep take me suddenly accelerating the passage of time, eliminating the minutes of its oblivion.

But perhaps he would not come, or perhaps in the end, I would not have gone. It was the best thing to do, the wisest of all. Yes

emerged from my obsessive thoughts when I heard pounding on the door.

" Mary, are you there?"

" Tess, yes. Start Shopping. "

Tess peeped, beaming smile and went inside. "Ria, I looked up. Where were you? "

" In turn, I needed to clear my head "

She looked worried and sat with his elbows on the table and his chin resting on his hands. "You're weird, Ria, I must say. For a few days so act ... I do not know. Where is your head? "

tried to disguise the discomfort by shrugs, as if telling a joke. "I do not have anything strange, I'm just a bit 'tired, that's all."

" But, you .... However, I have come to give you some news! "

" From the face looks like a big thing! "

" Max is joined in the personal guard of Thasifel and Gwen!"

I looked bewildered. "But no! It 's wonderful, Tess! "I exclaimed. It was really wonderful, it was a great honor.

" Yes, and he is so proud. ... I could not wait to tell you, that's why I've been looking all day."

sighed disconsolately in front of his face sullen. "Tess, do not do that! I've already explained, I just need to stay a little 'alone, ok? In fact, I think tomorrow I'll be out "

" Can I come with you? It 'so long that we do something together, I'd like "..

Absolutely not! If he only knew that I met a man and I spoke with him, I have no idea what might happen. "Tess, please ... ... I told you, I need to spend some 'alone'

" Ok, ok, it will be for another time " . He rose from his chair and opened the door to exit. Before doing so, however, turned back to look at and for a moment I had the impression that he was disappointed, but immediately his face lit up again, and greeting me with a nod went out, leaving me alone again.

" Sorry Tess, but tomorrow ....". I could not finish the sentence. Not even myself. Possible that the awareness of doing something so bad he could not restrain it in any way from anyway? There must be something seriously wrong with me, something really serious.

-*-*-*-

0 comments:

Post a Comment