Sunday, December 20, 2009

Home Remedy For A Swollen Upper Eyelid

Roswell - Heart of Man - Part 1 / 10

Here's another story I wrote, I think, in 2006, always on my beloved Michael and Mary. A small trial involving a genre that I prefer in a special way, the fantasy. And then here's what it turned out.

Title: Heart for Men - Part 1 / 10
Author: Nico
Fandom: Roswell
Pairing: Michael / Maria
Rating: VM 18 (Mature)
Genre: AU
Summary: Michael is a man, an elf Maria. The forest is his home, their worlds are divided by invisible yet solid boundaries. It all began when these boundaries are transgressed, and then it seems clear that love, when true, can not be bound by any rule.

Part

L 'I saw for the first time, the dawn of the summer solstice.

The leaves of the trees were new, and keep shining like gems sparkling in the soft light of morning, enveloping the forest in an aura of unreality.

more than a thousand years now, long before I was born, the wood of Roswellien was feared by men, which he kept at a distance afraid of strange creatures and spirits that dwell therein .

None of them could remember a time when even all living beings, in a day like this, singing along to greet the wake of their mother land, a pact of brotherhood he had joined those who now fled, a pact that had been betrayed and that he had forgotten and relegated to the immortal legend.

But legends are not always fantasy, reality masquerading as such, is Roswellien is the only home I know, the home of the elves.

Walk along the old path that my heart knows, a road that winds disappeared long and winding road until you cross the entire forest, without looking, then I know there will be no footprints to follow. ... People do not leave my footprints.

The rustling of the leaves cradled my thoughts but the sudden rise of a group of birds startled me and I froze in my footsteps.

I looked around but I felt no movement, did not come out until a rabbit bounding on to a bush, and a moment later a sharp knife passed it from side to side.

froze in horror and for a moment my eyes met the mortally wounded animal. ... it was only a brief moment when I felt his pain, then nothing.

I tried to make myself invisible, was not so difficult because we are trees and leaves and bark, and they are us, in a perpetual cycle that is renewed forever, and squatting com ' I saw him.

was a man, I'm sure. He walked quickly, looking around cautiously leaned over and firmly grasp its prey with one hand, the other pulled the bloody knife dal corpo senza vita, pulendolo sui fili d’erba.

Lo osservai e in quell’atto vidi tutta la crudeltà della sua specie, tutto l’odio che covavano per le creature della terra e tutta la mancanza di pietà che sempre la mia gente ricordava.

Vidi tutto questo, è vero, ma non distolsi lo sguardo.

Ero curiosa, pensavo che non sarebbe mai venuto il giorno in cui avrei incontrato un uomo, e per qualche motivo non riuscii a non guardarlo.

He was tall, comparing it to one of us would be among the most impressive, and it was strong. He had muscular arms, a robust and powerful legs, as if accustomed to use them ... .. very likely to do what he had just done, to kill. He had long hair tied at the base of the neck, but had escaped to clip a tuft and fell on his face in a soft golden brown wave.

just did not see his face, was leaning on the animal and my position was not easy to see, but when I looked up I was stunned. The forehead was high and spacious, but the eyes .... The term also frown that seemed to be a part of him, I felt part of his being, his eyes were like spears and penetrating as deep as the abyss.

I felt a strong stomach and knees tremble with fear and I rintanai even more, almost disappearing from the roots of trees.

At that moment he looked up and suddenly turned on my side, as if he sensed something. But then licked her scarlet lips and smiled, quickly put the rabbit in a bag and went quickly on his feet.

I remained still standing, still as the plant itself, I can not even say for how long, listening to my heart pounding slowly return to normal rhythm.

I got up from the ground and walked up to the point where, just before he was squatting.

I bent down and inhaled the smell still persisted in the air, a sweet and pungent odor, a smell again.

approached with trembling hands still stained with blood grass cool but my fingers never get to touch it.

I got up and ran, raced at breakneck speed away from that place of death, courses until my nostrils could no longer feel her smell.

-*-*-*-

From an early age I was always told to keep away from the forest, the abode of the immortals and since then I've always thought they were all made up stories to scare the stupid.

I always thought, I swear, but until this morning, in twenty years of life, I had never set foot. Today I could not do without.

When Kyle Valenti challenged me to do so last night at the inn, he did it in front of everyone expecting me tirassi back. Well, 'I'm sorry for him, but Michael Guerin does not flinch at nothing.

I went into the green, and dense vegetation is made immediately. I walked for nearly an hour without stopping, moving trees and trying to leave a trace on the ground to find their way back without the risk of getting lost and wandering aimlessly in the sea of plants.

Then I saw the animal, a rabbit, jump in a bush, and at the same time a flock of birds flew.

I immobilizzai and trattenei your breath .... I felt something, I'm sure. ... Or maybe not, I'm not so sure.

A moment later I saw a rabbit jump back and threw the knife without thinking too much. The animal stopped in mid air fell to the ground, stone dead.

So I went, still incredulous. I never took nothing like that, usually prefer to hunt with bow and arrows. I bent down to retrieve the weapon and a shiver ran down my spine, as if something might experience, as if something was watching me.

But when I looked I saw nothing, not a movement, not a whisper.

Damned bloody legends and Kyle. He thought that I was afraid? He thought that I would not be able to enter and leave this damned forest in one piece?

Michael Guerin is not afraid. ... No one. He is not afraid even of death, how can it fairy tales?.

now I found my way back, the broken branches and trampled grass were a good guide, and when I went out again, in the light of day by now had become more vivid and warm, I turned again, with the feeling of having forgotten something.

felt my hands with his belt and I soon realize what was missing. My knife was gone. Lost during the race on the way back, there were no other possibilities.

I put the bag on the floor with my prey and I decided to retrace my steps when a voice called my name and I had to stop.

" Michael, what are you doing here? Do not tell me ... .. "

smiled incredulous expression on my sister Liz and lifted the bag like a trophy.

Liz came over and peered fear among the large trees, then turned to me. "Michael, you're crazy! Why did you not listen to Kyle? Do you know what could happen ... .. "

" What? "I replied, and laughed. "I could go crazy like that ass the old O'Brian? Or being kidnapped? "

" or killed, Michael, "she said seriously. "The spirits of immortal hate us"

I looked at her, shaking his head with pity. "The Immortals Liz there are small, and even if they once were here are gone long ago. This wood has nothing wrong, and the people who are missing wheel, I tell you. "

She looked at me bewildered. "I do not know what you're saying, Michael. Come home now, Dad is looking for you, you have to go with him to the market to choose the horse again. "

The horse, already. I had completely forgotten.

again grabbed my booty and I loaded it on his shoulder. Liz was in front of me and walked back home already, but I turned once again to Roswellien.

There was nothing in there to fear, at least nothing that was not even in any other damn wood ... and I would come back to get my dagger.

-*-*-*-

The night was dark but over Clear away the stars danced as fireworks, waving their people from the firmament.

In the clearing in the forest, the elves who whirled around the stones radiate their bright white light, illuminating glow with unearthly pale faces of the people immortal.

I danced with the others following the notes of the lute and harp, feeling the music to be born as a new flower in my heart, music created by talented long fingers caressing the strings of the soul.

Tess and I took the hands of those between Maximillien my, once again renewing our relationship above all others, in a whirlwind of sounds, lights and shadows that were lost among the branches in the thick of Roswellien.

Then the music stopped suddenly and Thasifel came out of his house holding the hand of Gwen, the Queen of Auburn.

He was tall and thin, the features of his face without age were sharp and delicate at the same time, his hair long and smooth, almost white, the fell on his back like a waterfall.

you, Gwen, was wonderful in her dress blue, long and graceful fingers of his hand shook as if those Thasifel cling to life itself, and his eyes, dark as pitch, scrutinizing those cerulean him, immergendovisi.

had been chosen this night, June 21, to celebrate the marriage after centuries that seals the union between the two lineages, the Danae and Auburn ... .. day and night .... light and dark.

all stopped and looked up waiting.

Thasifel's voice quivered through the branches and logs, bouncing and amplifying a thousand times. "People of Roswellien, in the sacred night where we celebrate the perpetual rebirth of life on earth, the night when the lifeblood of every flowing faster and renew the minds and bodies, sealed the union between our races. Danae, from this night and forever Gwen, queen of Auburn, will also be your queen, "he said.

held my breath. I knew what was going to happen. After tonight our people, who lived in peace for a long time, would become one.

looked happy eyes shining with Tess and I saw the look that gave her Maximillien when Gwen spoke to his people, the Auburn, for the last time just as their queen.

" people loved," said a shrill voice, waving his dark hair and soft, "for centuries now, we consider as our brothers Danae, but tonight the fraternity will something more. Identity, unity of spirit that will make us stronger. Greeted with joy the new birth, because this is the beginning of a new era. "

A cry rose from the crowd below when Thasifel and Gwen raised her hands clasped, and the music resumed, dragging everyone into the dance.

I felt my head spinning and your ears burst for the confusion that surrounded me and I was able to reach a peaceful spot outside of the circle created with bright stones.

I sat on a stump and watched the others dance, taken from the frenzy. Tess and Maximillien holding hands, free at last to show their feelings, and whirled in a maelstrom of light and color created by the glittering party dresses.

I was happy, I could not be, above all rejoiced in the joy of lifelong friends, but my mind was not free. Even where there should have been wandering, he returned to the man who had bloodied the forest with his gesture, trying to remember every detail of her face marked.

Then I felt a warm hand on mine, I looked up, and Tess was there, breathless, flushed and beaming.

" Mary, what are you doing here alone? Why not come dance with us? "

I smiled and shook his head to decline. "I am a bit 'tired, I prefer to rest a few more minutes."

Tess sat down at my side and around my shoulders in a warm embrace. "Oh Ria, I'm so happy! Do you realize? Auburn now that I have finally joined us and we will Max get married. ... I can not believe! "

I hugged my time, trying to transmit body heat all my joy for her, for them, Tess and I had to do it because he repaid me with a beaming smile.

" He got up and stroked my hair gently. "Thanks Ria, it is important that you let me near"

" Still," I replied, putting my hand on his.

I looked away in the direction of Max and knowing that the best thing to do would be to join them and celebrate with them, I was sitting on my stump and asked the men if we celebrated as the summer solstice, wondering if I would never again.

-*-*-*-

walked through the crowd that filled the narrow streets of the village, no matter where I was going to crash and not worry about apologize.

I've always wondered what's to celebrate the summer solstice is a day like any other, there is nothing magical ... .. only the longest day of the year.

I thought back to my dagger. It was a beautiful weapon, the wooden handle was working fine and my initials were engraved on from when my father decided to give it to me, at the age of ten years. The blade was sharp, very sharp. ... It would be a big waste of rust in the grass moist forest.

I felt a sharp pain the arm and turned with a jerk, ready to attack anyone who had brought me. Fortunately I managed to lock the hand in the air because I was confronted with my sister Liz.

" Michael, where the hell were you?! It 'time that I look for you, is about to begin the celebration in the main square, "he said, another pinch buckling.

I looked grim massage the sore. "So what? You know I'm not interested in all the bales on the brotherhood and apologize the immortal for breaking the pact do not know what the hell. ... you can eat those sheep instead of burning them in the name of nonsense! "

She looked at me for the umpteenth time as if I were crazy. "Michael! Ok, forget it, come with me the same. "

grabbed my hand and dragged me through the crowd, up the open space at the center of the city. The pyre was ready, and four men were dragging two animals already dead, loading them with difficulty on the platform of wood. How much meat wasted ... ..

Then the mayor took the podium and everyone fell silent.

He cleared his throat and repeated the speech I heard at least three decades, always equal to itself. "Citizens, last night, as every year, we are gathered here to celebrate the summer solstice. It 'an important anniversary, the night when we celebrate the nature and mother earth for all the gifts from us and allow us to live. "

Interrupted the speech in the same spot where the saint was every year, and the buzz of approval of the crowd made me smile.

Then, satisfied with the effect he resumed. "But in this special occasion we remember the betrayal of our people toward those who were here before us, with which our ancestors shook a pact of brotherhood that they could not keep. The blood elf was paid on these lands that feed us today, immortal blood, swords held deceived by friends. And now we want to offer a sacrifice these animals to the forest where they live their spirits. "

descended from the podium and one of the men had just loaded the sheep on the platform, handed him a torch.

With the flame that burned in his hand looked at the square that the mayor held his breath, then threw the torch on the pyre and the flames immediately leapt high into the sky began to darken the wood and . Berciante be a smell of burning flesh, and once again I thought that those sheep would do much better to my stomach to the memory of the elves. The pyre began to break down as the logs were consumed, and the dust began to rise upwards, following the flow of flames and disappearing into the night.

The crowd began to disperse back to the stalls that fill the streets but I did not feel much desire to go home and sleep a thread sleep until the morning.

" Hey, Guerin"

Wow! I do not go well one! "Hello Kyle, what do you want?" His smile got on my nerves.

" Nothing, I just wanted to say hello!"

" Yes, of course, right ...."

Liz, who had stayed behind me until then, suddenly sprang forward and angrily pointed a finger against the chest of Kyle, forcing him to retreat a few steps. "You ... .. you have to leave alone my brother, you understand?"

He stiffened, taken aback for a moment, then, however, smiled mockingly. "Hello Liz, I did not sight .... You are more beautiful than ever tonight. However I think Michael is old enough to defend themselves, is not it? "

I wanted to intervene but she led me back. "Michael does not need to be defended, but as is so stupid to do it yourself cause you're dumber than him, I warn you .... Leave him alone."

Kyle looked at her puzzled. "Triggering? You mean .... "

" Yeah, I mean I've caught this idiot who went out at dawn from the forest carrying a rabbit on his shoulders. "

The look on Kyle's face turned so quickly that surprise me. Sbruffonaggine all his bravado and turned into a moment in wonder, dare I say it borders on admiration. He opened his mouth and closed it a few times, then stammered something intelligible. "There you go ... really."

Sogghignai and nodded his head yes. I had witnesses, after all!

" And how was it? I mean, you hear something .... "

" Want to know if I have seen the ghosts? Have not played as O'Brian, Kyle, and there's nothing in there. "

I turned and I without even went to see if Liz was following me. Because people were so stupid and gullible? The words were enough to frighten an old fool?

I've never been afraid.

-*-*-*-



Part 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment